Friday, September 11, 2020

Mock Interview: OT Position at an Adult Inpatient Setting

Overall, I feel that the interview went really well. I was excited to answer questions about my love for OT as well as questions that I have thought about a lot over the past two years, such as my strengths and weaknesses. While I think the interview went well and there wasn’t a whole of lot feedback on what I should correct, I still think I could have made my answers a little more concise by practicing my answers to the questions beforehand. I found that I was taking quite a long time to answer one question because I am more detail oriented; however, it gives the interviewee less time to learn about other qualities I have. To prepare for this interview, I only read through questions and thought about my responses. IN the future, I think it would be better to practice my responses in front of the mirror or record myself to see if I am happy with my answer. This is similar to the way I used to prepare for piano juries/finals and recitals and I think it is a method that works well.



Something I learned from the feedback from the interviewer is that  it can be considered unprofessional if your business dress is showing your shoulders. This is something I want to be mindful of in the future. I also learned to that I want to be more concise in my answers. What went differently than I expected was how relaxed I was during the interview. At one point, it seemed very conversational and it even seemed fun to answer these questions about myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment